The Manager of Stockport CIL
Sara manages Independent living at SCIL. She organises the team to provide the best services possible and embodies everything we strive to achieve as a Centre for Independent Living, aiming to make them a reality.
Our Peer Support Workers
- We have two on site peer support workers who work as a team to bring people, families and communities together.
- One to Ones with our peer support workers enables people to meet their goals with close support in a community of their choosing.
- Help provided in setting up a range of solutions that enable peer support exchanges to take place and develop organically.
- Recruitment and induction of a team of volunteer peer support workers supported by us.
Nicky Evans & John Kenny
Our Life Coach – Karen
- Delivers life skills support through one to one or group work activities.
- Helps people set goals to achieve change and positive improvements.
- Assists people in developing problem solving skills and coping strategies.
- Provides support for/access to independent living skills
Our Money Project Worker and Other Services
- Offers advice on money management and living on a budget that enables people to have greater choice and control over their lives.
- Provides support brokerage Adele Moore – Money Management
- Re-introduce people to social and communal activities.
- Engage people in personal development & new interests.
- Ease people back into the community who have been absent for long periods. (Home bound etc.)
Community Engagement Officer